BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Finally Got That Massage


In November the Boyfriend bought each of us a Daily Deal massage voucher. By the way, if you haven't discovered Daily Deal or Groupon or Living Social, you've got to check them out. There is a new local deal each day, like a restaurant, salon, tour, or countless other things. You buy the deal, and then you get a voucher that can either be printed out or scanned directly from your (smart)phone. We especially like the restaurant deals that are usually 50% off. We eat out so much anyways that its a great way to try new places for a little cheaper or to save money for places we know we will go anyways! And if you're a slacker like me and tend to let things expire (you know, coupons, milk, parking tickets...), your voucher will always be worth whatever amount you paid for it, kind of like a gift card, even if the discount expires.


But that wasn't really my point. So the Boyfriend bought massages from The Massage Studio in November, but I just finally went in to use mine yesterday! He got his last Friday and really enjoyed it, so I was excited. The studio is actually attached to B Street Salon on Broughton Street, though I'd never been there before either. Sara Malphrus is the massage therapist there, and let me tell you, she is darling! She was waiting on me to come in at my appointment time and was so sweet, not to mention skilled. Once we got upstairs and I got settled into the dimly lit room with the soothing music and hippy smell, I already felt like I'd gotten what I paid for.... well, what HE paid for. Once she started working my muscles, I just remember hoping it wouldn't end. Of course there were a few moments were I wasn't sure if I should scream in pain or moan with pleasure, but when I walked out, I felt like a million dollars.



She had told me before I left that I might be sore, and that the more water I drink the less I would hurt today. I already don't drink enough water, but I'm saving that for another post. The point is that today I am soooo sore! But I'm still really glad I went. Now, if only I could afford a full-priced massage every week like some of the olde Savannah money around here. Wouldn't that be the life......

No comments: