BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

That Song You've Heard a Thousand Times

Have you tried Spotify? If you're on facebook, then you've probably at least seen the annoying posts by other people. I tried to ignore them at first. When I finally downloaded it months ago, I used it from time to time, but then just started ignoring the windows that popped up every time I restarted my computer. But now I think they've worked out most of the major kinks. They still need a visible queue list, because right now when you add things to your queue, you can't go back to look at the list or change the play order. I have faith that they will solve this in the near future.

But my favorite feature is how you can subscribe to other people's playlists. You can search for a song, artist, album, whatever, and then find other user playlists that include your search item. I have found a lot of playlists that have introduced me to new music that I now love.

Of course, you have to suffer through the ads unless you pay $10 monthly for premium, which I have not caved into yet. But today one of the ads intrigued me enough to investigate, and I struck gold! Mio, that weird product for adding energy supplements and flavor to water (never tried it), has a playlist called Shake Things Up. Users can add songs, so some of them don't fit the theme, but the goal was to collect songs that are popular or well known, but either sung or remixed by other artists. Some just end up being mash-ups, but I like those too. Overall its a common concept, but I enjoy having them all in one place and mostly organized for me.

Here's the ones I've thoroughly enjoyed so far:

Obadiah Parker – Hey Ya

Jonathan Coulton – Baby Got Back

The White Panda – Mo Free Mo Fallin' 

Burt Bacharach & Ben Folds Five – Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head

Ellie Goulding – Your Song

Goldfinger – 99 Red Balloons

Pretty Lights – Finally Moving

Sheryl Crow – I Want You Back



No comments: